What do you cook when you have your husband's friends coming over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It depends on the time of year. If I were to have people over right now, I would probably make a spinach and artichoke dip and stuffed mushrooms for the appetizer with veggies, sour dough slices, and pita chips. For dinner, I would make fettuccini alfredo with grilled chicken and shrimp (asking their preference ahead of time), and a classic garden salad with blue cheese, caesar, or a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and garlic bread or breadsticks. For dessert, if it was a small group, I would do a chocolate fondue with pound cake, strawberries, pineapple, and biscotti for dippers. If it was a larger group, I would make tiramisu.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• What kind of occasion is it? Casual or like a more formal business thing or even a dinner party?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• sleepingb
    Just a getting together sort of thing. thanks op
    Anonymous

• I'm cooking tomorrow for my husband's friend's birthday. I don't mind. I am proud of my cooking.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Imogine

I hope you don't mind me asking what are you going to cook? op
    Anonymous

• You mean his guy friend(his buddies). Hot wings, pizza, fries. Or is it his friends and theire wifes, like a dinner party. Lasagna salid and french bread.

Answer by louise2 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• louise2
    I forgot to post it! Yes wifes are coming too. 3 couples
    Anonymous

• Chili and spicy cornbread muffins? Black bean quesadillas with corn salsa? Baked Potato soup with all the fixins?

If you need any of these recipes, please pm me. All three are very easy!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Spaghetti with Texas Toast or garlic bread. Its easy, fuss free and they all like it.

Homeade Pizzas, nachos with cheese/rotell/hamburger mix made in the crock pot for the more fun and unhealthy meal.

Pot Roast (your meat and potatoes meal)...again with some sort of bread. Adding a salad for health is great but I find guys don't put salad on their plates so you'd have to have them premade in individual bowls...lol yeah like you are serving kids.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Greek steak with a big salad and baked potatoes or pan fried potatoes and onions.
    -or-
    Baked ziti, salad and garlic bread.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2010