Anybody take their child to Dr. Plachta at Emerald Pediatrics?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has taken their child/children to Dr. Laura Plachta at Emerald Pediatrics? I am new to the practice and I have taken my daughter there twice now and have this horrible feeling about her. She may very well be knowledgeable and trained well but her personality makes my skin crawl. So far she has misdiagnosed my daughter and the second time she didn't even remember her at all (just 4 weeks after her initial visit). I feel like she is not the doctor for us. Has anyone else encountered any problems with her?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Health

• I've never been there, but if I got any kind of weird feeling from my child's doctor I wouldn't even think twice about switching doctor's! My son has a wonderful doctor who even plays with him/talks to him in toddler talk every visit. I'd switch mama, she doesn't sound like a good doctor :/
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 5:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• What Doctor do you see? I am not going to see her again. She does not talk to my children, doesn't smile and honestly gives these weird looks as if she is completely miserable in her profession. She really makes my skin crawl. I'd like to give the practice the benefit of the doubt and just switch doctors within the practice.
    bbg123

Answer by bbg123 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I live in Wisconsin so probably a doctor you've never heard of! lol
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2010