Pre-term labor and a 3yr old.....???

I have been having preterm labor for almost two months now. My doctor thought that it may be due to the kind of work I was doing so he had me take a leave of absence. Although now I am still having back labor and been to labor and delievery twice..last time being this morning. They had to give me medication to stop the conttractions and told me to rest "completely". Stay off my feet as much as possible and drink plenty of water. Although my fiance is finishing school in another city 4 hours away and I have a three year old to take care of ! How do you listen to what the doctors are telling you to do without taking responsibility for the child you already have?? I cant continue to put him in daycare anymore.... not that I had to leave work and barely get enough from my sick leave and PTO to cover the main household bills we have and will have until I can go back to work? Very stressed! NEED ADVICE FAST!!!

dadkins89

Asked by dadkins89 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you have any family in town or friends that would help out. When I went into pre-term labor and had to on bed rest for two weeks. My family(Mom, Dad, sister) and some of my friends helped me out during the day. Good luck and hope you can find help soon. Hugs
    Anonymous

• so sorry hon! i guess if that happened to me, i would try to go stay with family. actually my MIL would probably be able to come stay with us for a bit. good luck :)
    Anonymous

• try calling some local churches, they may know of congregation members willing to come over and help out a bit, if there is no family to help. how far along are you?
    bed rest and a 3 year old sounds impossible!
    when i was preggo with twins i used to pre package snacks and have them in a drawer, so my 3 and 4 1/2 yr olds could help themselves.
    good luck!
    a preemie in the nicu with your 3 yo could possibly be harder.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have some family. Although my future mother-in-law and sister-in-law were my co-workers and with me having to take leave from work they are struggling to cover the shifts I cant work. My mother is here but she also has to be able to work during the day. They all try to help out at night when they can. I feel bad asking for help because I know that they are struggling with there own lifes right now.... We had not planned for this pregnancy ( second time getting pregnant on birth control) and I feel like their father could stop going to school but it would be better for our family in the long run if I just suck it up. I just feel like my 3 yr old son is the one being punished because mommy cant get up and play or take him to the park. I have a hard time making him meals with out feel as if im going to fall over from the pain...... I dont know what I can do.
    dadkins89

Answer by dadkins89 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am 30 weeks right now.... lil ways to go.
    dadkins89

Answer by dadkins89 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i do think he would be okay with a peanut butter and jelly diet for the next few weeks. :)
    Anonymous

• your son probably (hopefully) understands better than you think. you might just have to have a lot of book, tv and movie time for another ...2 months! really, try hard to take it easy, yoga breathing is good too!
    good luck :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010