Can you laminate cloth?

I've got hand-stitched place mats that are PERFECT for my kitchen, made by a dear friend who made me promise to actually USE them on the table, but I'm afraid to, because I KNOW they'll get stained and such, especially with the kids and you know how accidents just happen.

Would I be able to laminate them somehow? A good sealant of some sort so that I can still use them and they'll stay as awesome as they are right now? Something I can wipe off easily when I'm cleaning up after a meal.

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 5:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• they sell clear adhesive vinyl fabric at walmart its great for placemats and stuff..and some dnt have adhesive but its still great.. available at all fabric stores and like i said walmart..its usually on a roll instead on a panel...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Sure, it will run through a lamination machine with no problems. I have cut bulletinboard decor out of fabric and lamniated it - it works great!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010