Can a baby get Allergic to Milk?

So my son is 16 months now and for the pass couple of days he has been throwing up the milk we have been giving him, at first I though it was the food we gave him but turns out it was the milk. He drinks 2%milk. Can someone who drinks milk get allergic to it after a while?

CarsBars08

Asked by CarsBars08 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sure. My grandson didn't show a milk reaction until he was about 18 months. There is a big difference between a milk allergy and Lactose intolerant. The good news with either is that a lot of kids outgrow both as they get older. My oldest boys were both Lactose intolerant..by the time my youngest was 8 he had totally outgrown it. My oldest did not but it is much less severe than when he was a baby. Lots and lots of ways to get Vit D and calcium in them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I wasn't diagnosed with a milk allergy until I was 26, so yes definatly possible.
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 6:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Absolutely. Milk is nutritionally unnecessary, and may do more harm than good. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 8:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i agree with rkoloms!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2010