how old is too old for daycare?

At what age did you or do you plan to stop sending your child to daycare (for you to attend work)?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 5:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure what you mean, what age do you leave your child home alone after school?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• the day care i used to work at would not take 13 years olds unless they had a disability or unless they would be there for a full 8 hours. But anything under 6 hours they thought a 13 year old could handle it on they're own. They day care would accept "children" with disabilities up until the age of 18. I don't think that's all day care, but that's how the one i worked at went.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• yes, peanutsmommy, that is part of it. there is also the time during summer to consider. when is it reasonable to say the kid is old enough to not go to a daycare? Let's say, a responsible child with no behavior issues or cognitive delays.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Once my child attends school, daycare won't be necessary. She'll be in school while I am at work.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2010