Is it pink eye? And... can I use these drops?

My DD came home from daycare with goopy, red rimmed, puffy eyes. (big green globs. ew.) She's 1 year old. Does this sound like pink eye? My older DD (4 years old) had pink eye 3 weeks ago, but it presented differently. (slightly pinkish eyes, only watered a little.) It was the first time she ever had it. We still have the medicated drops from older DD's prescription. She only used half. Can I use the same thing on my 1 year old? Her doctor can't get her in until 4pm tomorrow, and I'd like to get her started on drops before then...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Health

• I would call the peds office and ask them. They will probably say it is okay, but you want to make sure it is the correct dosage. You can talk to the nurse.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010