Anyone else have some trouble making new friends?

Not that I'm not nice, and not cordial to everyone I meet, but I mean, like, good, GOOD friends... I have moved away from mine so many times I gave up! Now that we've been in the same place for 2 months, I'm ready to make friends... I don't even know where to start!

Do you have trouble making new friends? How do you get over it?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 6:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was just thinking this morning that I need a new friend or two. My best friend who is STILL my bf had a stroke about 5 years ago and she just isnt' the same. She doesn't want to go out the way we used to, even if we make plans, she often breaks them. I talk to her almost every day....and two other very good friends have moved away. I need SOME body, lol!!!! So, I'm not ready to say it's hard to make friends, I just have to figure out where to find them.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I do, but I have social anxiety disorder...so it's a little more than that!
    Anonymous

• yes, i just moved to my first duty station. and i dont have any real close friends. i keep myself busy with my kids.
    ascora

Answer by ascora at 6:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Yes, I have alot of trouble making friends but it's mostly my fault. I am a workaholic. I don't enjoy the normal "girl" stuff like shopping at the mall. I hate shopping. I do read alot but most of it is nonfiction which is not what most women read, so I have nothing to talk about.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i have a hard time cause it seems the people that i think are real friends end up stabbing me in the back. i gave up on making new friends and stick to the few ive known for years, who know me at my worst and still are there for me...and lately thats all i need.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2010