Abortion

Hello- I am writing a controversial paper for a graduate school class I am taking and my topic is abortion. I feel like abortion is such an "ongoing issue" in our culture and I am interested in the feedback I will get.
My question is-Are you pro-life or pro-choice and WHY? I am not trying to start a debate, I just am curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Pro Life. Why? Because I have 5 kids and have felt them kick, and felt them respond to my voice while I was carrying them, felt them respond to specific music, and I believe they are human beings not lumps of cells.

Answer by gemgem at 6:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Pro-choice, for pretty simple reasons - I live in America and I maintain that people should have the right to decide what goes on in their own life. Abortion is not something I would choose for myself, but I refuse to take part in taking that choice away from others when their life is none of my business.
    Anonymous

• I am pro-choice, I believe that every woman has the right to decide what happens in thier body On a personal level, I find it to be wrong, not for religious reasons, but on a moral level I feel all life is precious and all life should be given a chance.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am pro choice. I hate to admit it because I find abortion wrong on so many levels. I dont see the "its your body" argument because its not. It's somebody else's human body that is actually being damaged when a woman chooses abortion.
    But the reason I am pro choice is simply because abortion was illegal once, and look what happened. Women went to nasty shady little clinics were they were treated badly, got infections, and died themselves. A 13 year old girl should have a safe place to go if she was raped or even just decides she wants to take her child's life.
    These clinics need to be accountable though and EDUCATE women before they make their choice. Pro choice should not mean "anti-life" The decision to have the baby should be encouraged too. Ultrasounds should me MANDATORY. I know many women who regret abortion because they were lied to by the nurses.
    Anonymous

• I am pro-choice because I feel that a person has the right to do with their own body as they please and see as necessary.
    Anonymous

• Pro-choice, what other women do with their own bodies is none of my business.
    Anonymous

• As a former uni writing teacher, please choose a different topic. I hated reading those papers. I started banning abortion and marijuana papers.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am Pro-Life. I believe with ever fiber of my being that abortion is murder. I've listen to my baby's heart beat on an ultra sound at 6 weeks pregnant. I've felt them kick inside me as early at 11 weeks (second baby) and I've seen pictures of miscarried babies at 5, 7 and 9 weeks. All those little babies had beautiful black eyes and although they were tiny they were babies. It's not a "mass of cells." I've SEEN it. It's a baby.

I also want to add that I do NOT believe there is a middle ground on this issue nor do I believe there ever will be. The reason I say that is because just like I could NEVER understand how someone could care so little about an unborn baby to think of it as a parasite they can never understand how strongly I feel that the life inside a mother is a living human that deserves a chance at life.
    Anonymous

• I am prochoice. I believe that life begins at viability. Abortion is a highly personal decision, not taken lightly, and between a woman and her doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think as a grad student, you should pick a new topic. This one has been done over and over again, and honestly is really boring to read.

What class is this for? What are your studying?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2010