Why do women cut off all their hair when going through emotional stress or a break up?

Hello Ladies, I know I've been there and so have many of my friends...Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's the easiest and most immediate change we can make.
    Anonymous

• I think its the best way to punish ourselves.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's an easy way to assert some control in our lives when we feel we may not have any emotionally. It's something that we can do, that we have power over unlike life situations.
    Anonymous

• I even changed my haircolor too.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• yup but it's better than cutting into a vein
    Anonymous

• I kept my hair long when I was married because my husband liked long hair and didn't want me to cut it. He also wouldn't let me get more that one hole in my ears, he thought two earrings looked stupid. When he left within a week I had two holes in each ear and short hair.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It is the most immediate, and least permanent adjustment that we can make.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I agree with the women above. Though I try to get my hair to grow back out, and have successfully hit my shoulders, I still get an urge for an update, and cut it all off! I do feel it's a way for me to gain some kind of control, or eliminate something from my daily stress... (when my hair's short, i don't have to worry about it, just slap some gel in after my shower or hose it down with hairspray) plus, I like the compliments and reactions from those who notice!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I'm doing the opposite. My family is dealing with some major health issues, and I'm letting my hair grow out. I figure that if I have long hair again, at least I can work on it to take my mind off the stress. I don't know if it will work, we'll see.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• for me? my ex loved long blond hair, i left him chopped it all off and dyed it black.. that was 2 years ago and still cant get the black out lol, taught me a lesson
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010