Depression during pregnancy....

I want to know if there is anything you can do or take to make it better. I'm constantly in bed sick, all i wanna do is sleep, i lost my job about 3wks ago. i'm worried about miscarrying b/c i have 3 times in the past. I have everything i've ever wanted, the most amazing son, most amazing s.o. & i'm depressed? WTF!!! I dont like it. i cry alot & just want to get better! PLEASE HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your OB. There are some anti-depressants that are safer to take during pregnancy, but you can also help get your physical fears assess (like the possibility of miscarriage) and get reffered for counseling.

Really, the best think you can do other than that is get some exercise and make sure you're getting all your vitamins. Try prenatal yoga.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried talk therapy? It might help.
    Anonymous

• The only other time i've ever been depressed is when i miscarried my 2nd. I was put on Zoloft and it helped me soooooooo much!! I feel better today b/c i got to tell my dad & now im debating on telling my son tonight. i know he'll be soooo beyond happy but then what if i do miscarry, he'd be crushed. I feel like once i get to tell everyone and i know that baby is doing good then i'll be better! but i'm not sure. I have faith, i believe in god & know that he's got my back no matter what!
    Anonymous

• You have to tell your care provider the only way it can be fixed is if the right people know about it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Talk to your O.B. I am pregnant and depressed as well. She prescribed me 50 mg of Zoloft per day. It's been about 2 weeks now..nothings perfect but starting to feel a little better. It also helps to have someone to talk to about why your feeling down and even if they are just there to lean on while you cry. Hang in there. It will get better. I wish you the best. :)
    Anonymous

• Definitely talk to your OB. If you are depressed, there is a good chance that your baby won't grow as well as he/she should. Also, if you are depressed during pregnancy, there is a higher chance of you developing PPD after the birth - much better to get started on some anti depressants/therapy now than wait until it's even worse!

Answer by missanc at 9:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Anon. 7:42....... O.P here:..... how far along are you and do you by chance have any idea how your came about? I heard that zoloft was one of the safest ones to take during pregnancy. did you want the baby as in were you trying to get prgo? When did yours start?
    Anonymous