Any 30 something moms going to school?

I am in the 2nd semester and I am feeling like I should give up. I have been out of high school for years, I am trying to do on-line class since the college is an hour drive each way. The problem is I am tired of feeling as if the instructors are talking down to everyone through their posts. Even the e-mails are degrading to a point. I am so ready to say forget it, and give up on ever getting a degree...Is this normal to feel stressed and want to throw in the towel? How do you find decent instructors? Last semester I had 2 great ones and 1 that was ugh! but tolerable. This semester I have horrible ones. They don't even respond in a timely matter (like in 2 or 3 days to questions). There have been so many e-mails that classmates have sent to all students complaining about this. Sorry, just had to vent!

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 7:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am not a 30 something mom but I know a lot of others that are or were. Or even older than 30 something. I met a 40something getting her BA in Psych and she was going on to a PsyD. School is hard, no matter the age but I think its harder once you have kids. But it is possible. The college you go to sounds awful though. Is it possible you go to a different college?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am 29 and doing online courses. I have been going partime for about 5 years now. Yes it is hard. If you are having an issue then you need to talk to your professors or go to the deans of those departments and get it resolved. YOU are paying for your education and deserve to get what you are paying for. I have a 20 mo old and I watch a 16 mo old 3 afternoons a week. If I can get good grades with 2 toddlers running around while I am trying to read and get homework done then you can handle this. I wish you luck. It really will be worth it when you are done. I promise!
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I guess what I'm trying to figure out is are all on -line classes run this way? Even if an instructor can't see the age of a student shouldn't the correspondence be respectful anyway? As of now I am on the Dean's list with a 4.0gpa
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am a thirty something student. I have most of my classes on campus and one online. I think the prof should be respectful no matter how old you are online it should not matter!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2010