Cooking help?

Me and my 2 year old live off of frozen and prepackaged food and fast food. I know how unhealthy this is but I don't know how to cook at all! So please help me with quick easy and inexpensive meal ideas for all 3 meals of the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• All Recipes.com has a lot of easy recipes to prepare and most of recipe cooking is just following the recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/Default.aspx
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• daniellecooks.wordpress.com

New recipes constantly.

Budget meals section, quick meals section.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Go to your local library and check out a couple of kids cookbooks; my favorite is called Pretend Soup. Rachel Ray has a pretty good one, too.
    Once you have mastered the basics, move on to a simple cookbook like Better than Peanut Butter and Jelly.
    Keep offering a variety of healthy foods; stop buying junk foods until the picky phase has passed. Make sure that you are setting a great example by eating a variety of healthy foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• The above are good ideas. Really, you just follow a recipe and it gets easier. If you buy a meat thermometer, you'll never have to worry about undercooked meat. If you buy a roasted chicken from Safeway you can cut it up and add it to salad, tacos, burritos, soup, etc.

Lasagne
    brown a pkg of ground beef then add one chopped onion and cook till translucent. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper, oregano, garlic powder and basil and let simmer. In a lasagne pan, put a layer of the meat mix on the bottom (just to get it wet) then use the no cook noodles and lay them down. Cover with the meat mix then mozzerella shredded. Repeat twice and bake 350 for 45 min/ cover w/ foil till last ten min..
    Anonymous

• Check out allrecipes.com - she's got recipes with pictures, good instructions, and tutorials for a lot of stuff!
    Anonymous

• I cook well and I love AllRecipes.com. I have them on my desktop.

I do a lot of improvising. Last night I didn't really want to cook so I took 3 packages of the microwave (adjust for number of people eating)Birds eye rice and veggies and added cut up link sausage. I added a big handful of cheese before serving. It as very good.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2010