"Ring of fire"?????

What in the world is the ring of fire women are talking about during labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When the baby's head comes out. It burns pretty bad, well at least thats what it feels like for most women.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 7:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It is when the baby crowns when you are pushing out the head. It is caused by the stretching skin. Your skin burns and feels like a ring of fire. It only lasts about a minute. I had it with my first, but not with the other two.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• They say that waterbirths completely get rid of this all together, also if you stretch your 'lips' everyday for 2 months prior to labor.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• OH OK!!!! LOL I don't remember experiencing that with my daughter so I was completely lost and confused! Thank you!
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of that. By the time my babies' heads were crowning and going down the birth canal, the pressure had made everything numb and I was concentrating so hard on pushing that the pain went away! Also, I had an episiotomy each time and that prevented the tearing and I healed quickly.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It happens like the first three said. You feel it when you have no epi. That is why most women have no clue what it is.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have an epidural....the pressure of the baby's head numbed all that ....just didn't feel like a "Ring of fire".LOL
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have never experienced that, I've had 3 babies with no epidurals.
    Anonymous

• I guess I should have also mention to that a very few don't feel it either with out an epi. just saying most women don't know what is is because they have an epi and Dr don't talk about it.
    Anonymous

• Now, I got the song in my head. Thanks...... But ... Johnny Cash Is awesome like that.
    Anonymous