Have you ever just wanted your babies back?

Ok I must be having some major pms or something. I have been wanting a baby since my son turned 5 problem is we can't have anymore and even if we could dh wouldnt!! My 12 almost 13 yearold is well just a hormonal pre-teen. My just turned 6 year old is in this electronic phase and then this weird noise and just obnoxious most of the times. I just want a snuggley baby again. Now dh is pleading for a dog and I just don't want one. Ugh I just feel so out of place lately. Must be hormones. I am very happily married with two healthy kids but I just want something and I don't know what it is. Maybe my babies back??!! Why do they have to get big LOL!! Anyone else ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think most moms feel that way at some point. I do every time my 8 year old is acting like a brat. I love him. I just wonder where my sweet little baby went.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Did you forget about changing diapers for two years straight? Or them waking you at night, demanding all of your attention, depriving you of sleep, teething, always having to carry them everywhere you go, can't even take a shower without them unless your DH is home from work? Babies are a blessing no doubt, but they have just as many issues as a 6 year old, or a teen, just different one's. lol.
    Anonymous

• Ha funny I know I know I know. Its just when you know that part of you life is over you miss it when your kids are more into screen time then mommy time. I have to set limits and it drives me nuts!! I know maybe its cabin fever setting in on me.

I am glad to know at least one person feels like me!! LOL
    Anonymous

• I still feel that way. And I am a Grandma! LOL.....I wish I was 25 and getting pregnant and having a baby again. Or I wish my kids were babies again. Best time of my life!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Hah! My daugher's only turning 1 this month and I still wish she was a baby. Now she's walking and getting into EVERYTHING! The days when she's sooooo whiny and clingy, or teething, is when I really wish she was a tiny baby so I can just hold her in my arms again. Now she won't sit on my lap for more than 10 seconds. Probably why the last few weeks I've started thinking about trying for #2!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• oh, i felt that way when my oldest started kindergarten. we actually got pregnant again...not on purpose! a dog would no way compare to a baby! i am sure this feeling will pass!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Oh yes, I wished time could stand still and keep them babies forever, but then they wouldn't get to experience what life has to offer and so times goes on and takes them away from us, but if we nurture them well enough, they will always come back.

Answer by older at 9:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I had three kids when I was pretty young. They are now 24,19 and 16. I did feel that way and had two more 13 months apart. They are now 3 and 4........yeah, i am sooooooooooo over the baby thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My children are 18, 20, 22 and 24 and I feel that way often. The years just flew by and you miss them. But man, the freedom of being 43 with my 44yo husband is awesome so....the feelings are short lived. LOL
    Anonymous