20 month old spitting! (I posted earlier but noone responded!)

How do I stop my 20 month old from spitting? She does it all the time, no matter where we are or what we are doing, and wether she has food in her mouth or not. I've tried time outs and such. What can I do to get her stop?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• give her a little dixie cup and tell her since she likes spitting so much spit in the cup enough until it is full. Its gross, but after 1 or 2 times of t she wont want to keep spittting if that is what she has to do when she does.
    Anonymous

• My 2 yr old likes to play with her spit. She calls it painting! I just told that Mommy does not like spit, that it is gross, and asked her to stop. Good Luck!!
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I asked my kids where do we spit. Acceptable answer...the sink. So, I told them if I caught them spitting, I would make them spit in the sink 25 times in a row...only took once and poof, no more spitting.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010