Why do people think that children who breastfeed past 1 are not eating food?

I read a post on here a long time ago on this subject and I've never forgot it so I wanted to share it since there was a post similar to this today.

I hope the mom who wrote the post doesn't mind me posting the link to in here.

Here it is:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1027083/Misconceptions_of_Full_Term_Breastfeeding_AKA_Extended_Breastfeeding?next=31#comments

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Because they are ignorant about breastfeeding. Of course BF babies eat food.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Or that they can't drink out of a cup.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• We aren't in a third world though, start introducing foods by one. Plus, talking kids that breastfeed are creepy.
    Anonymous

• Anon:50 you didn't get it obviously! The point is that breastfeeders do introduce solids around 6 months. Dumb people who are ignorant about Bfing are creepy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Anon...you OBVIOUSLY did not read the post or you would have made yourself look so foolish by posting your statements.

And creepy? Seriously? How incredibly immature.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• People like to bash others when they feel threatened. When they hear of a mom actually caring for her child and doing the ABSOLUTE best they can (not just claiming they are doing the best) they feel bad about themselves. They feel like they are a bad mother since they are not trying as hard as other moms. So to make themselves feel better they come up with CRAZY lies about the others. And it doesn't matter how wrong they are or how blatantly clear the lie is, they stand by their stupid beliefs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I don't EBF but I am doing the best for my kids. I am just as good a mom as you. I DO NOT feel bad for only breastfeeding for a year. I HATE breastfeeding its disgusting (To me) and if they ever make formula as good as BM then I will never BF again! You sit and act like you are better than me because you do something you ENJOY longer that I do something that I hate! Its ludacris! I don't take the Meds that I NEED to be a normal functioning member of society so I can BF but I am a bad mother? to ano 12:05 As to the original question I think everybody needs to do the research the benefits of EBFing are great and its really not a "bad" thing. My SIL EBFed and her kids were normal they just got BM in a cup or at bed time. They ate food and were healthy kids.

lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2010