Sookie Stackhouse

Do these books follow one another pretty well or are they seperate stories. The library only had the 2nd book in and didnt know if i could read the 2nd one without having to read the first???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can, but the first book sets the entire story up. I've read them all, and they do build on each other. So, I found it helpful to read them in order. (Too funny this question is here; last night, I asked my DH when the new season would start!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I agree. You can read them out of order, but they make more sense if you follow the sequence. Since you have the book, go ahead and read it. Then when you get the first, I'd reread the second and see how much you pick up.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I really wish I'd read the books before watching the series on HBO. I tried reading the books, but after watching the show, it was like watching re-runs in my head. So, I just lost interest.
    Anonymous

• I enjoyed the books out of order but it was mostly because I'm a huge fan of the show, so I know the majority of the characters. My library is always out of the books too! I had to read whichever ones they had in. If you're a fan of the show, you can pretty much skip the first book if you really want to.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2010