Has anyone tried Hyperbarics for Autism Treatment?

anony-mous

Asked by anony-mous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Health

• I'm glad you brought this up. A friend has recently added Hyperbaric Chambers to his services. I have been researching this treatment method for Autism, so I thought I would pass on his information is you are interested. He is located outside Cape Girardeau, Missouri. His name is Tim Morgan and his phone number is 573-264-4260.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I'm confused by how different pressure would help with a neurological disorder......Never heard of this.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Because the belief is that Autism is caused by levels of mercury in the vaccines, which have now been replaced with other metals, the oxygen treatment might actually be able to help flush the levels of mercury and/or other metals out of the body. The same way it treats carbon monoxide, etc. Just a thought. I mean this treatment can't hurt, right?
    Anonymous

• Flush it out thru the body how? lungs?digestive tract? Sorry,but this sounds like another scam to get us to believe our kids can be "cured'. how is mercury poisoning treated otherwise?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't think it's a scam, but more of a "worth a try" things. I hear lots of great stories about this as a possible treatment to alot of other diseases as well. Personally, I'd try anything before I am made to take drugs. Oxygen is a very beneficial thing.
    Anonymous

• How long does it take? I know my son couldn't stand to have any treatment that had him being still!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am going to do some more research and have some additional discussions with Tim. I did look at the machine which is shaped similar to a tanning bed. It is enclosed and you are zipped in. I think the time lengths vary, not sure about how you could make a child be still- maybe when they are sleeping or something? I'm very interested in learning more.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Seriously? Why don't you folks just take your kids to a voodoo doctor?
    Anonymous

• eye rollingVoodoo Doctor? Do you not realize that Hyperbarics are an important part of treatments? They use them every day at the hospital to treat everything from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, wound healing, to treating the bends from underwater diving? Talk about an uneducated person....

Anonymous