How can I deal with behavior issues over my husbands new job?

My husband went back to the oil rig. He is gone for 2 weeks home for 2. But he has to begone for almost 4 weeks this time. I have 4 kids. Oldest 2 are ok. But my 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old boys are out of control. Normally pretty well behaved kids. They are not being good. Running in the store, throwing toys on the floor trying to break things. Standing on chairs trying knock over the lights. At the doctors today they where screaming and tearing things apart. I was ready to pull out my hair. I take away toys, no tv, time outs, I do spank (not hard) but nothing works. I try to talk about how we miss Daddy and thats ok. I say it is ok to be mad and sad, but not ok to be bad with Mommy, Daddy dosn't want us to be bad when he is gone. Nothing!!! We can't count down the days to Daddy comes home, it changes every day. I need some new ideas! Desperatly! Thank you in advance

carrie4kids

Asked by carrie4kids at 9:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DH has been in the patch for 13 years.I so know how hard it is.Then just when you start getting settled Daddy comes home and it throws it out of whack again.No big advice just sending you some sista support girl.
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 9:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Consistency is key, same rules when he is home and isn't and the same consequences, once they figure out that the rules don't change they will get under control it will likely take a month or so, when daddy is home you still need to be the disciplinarian that way they don't get the idea that you aren't going to follow through.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2010