How to I keep 13month old off antibiotic and steroids

I dont want to get bashed, but i have a 13 month old daugther who has been very sickly since 5 weeks old. SHe has severe eczema, allergies, asthma problems and continuously getting colds and ear infections. She has been on too many antibiotics and steriods to help with skin, ear infections, and colds (asthma). Average maybe one antibiotic a month. What can I do to prevent this. I am getting sick of her having to constantly be on all these meds. She is just always getting sick. Just this past month she has been in hospital with RSV the second time in the last year, been on two different antibiotics and two steriods. I just need advice and I needed to vent. I worry for her and future!

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• make sure everyone around her is doing good hand washing , make sure she is doing good hand washing, make sure she gets enough vitamins ect in her diet

talk to the doc about this

good luck hun!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• have you talked to her ped. about getting tubes put in her ears for the chronic ear infections? that could be an option to help with some of her problems
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I would do a serious clean sweep of her diet. Take out dairy ASAP. Then keep moving along, sugar impairs the immune system. Get as much info on diet and allergies as possible. Search your house for mold, mildew, dust mites. All these issues are symtoms of allergies. All of them. I would also get her on a childs powdered probiotic yesterday to replace all the good bacteria that the anitbiotics have striped her of. THe good bacteria keeps your immunity up, so this is a vicious cycle. You can do this, don't get overwhelmed. One step at a time. Join the food allergies group! You might want to look into a candida diet.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 10:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Don't put tubes in your kids ears-bad idea. Don't do it, don't do it.
    Anonymous

• Why not put tubes in a child ear, curious? Is it bad to do? I had just started probiotics. She has also been put on a zinc supplement cause they believe she is deficient in zinc. She is not on dairy, unless you consider soy milk dairy.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I would see an allergist if you haven't already... find out everything she is allergic to and that should help with the eczema, allergies and asthma.
    And then I would add probiotics to her diet.
    I would talk to your doctor about wanting to be limted with antibiotics and steroids... some thing DO require them, but with so many things they aren't required. For example, RSV wouldn't require any antibiotics, unless she had developed a pneumonia on top of it... which typically would be a viral pneumonia anyway, and antibiotics would be useless.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• The antibiotics were used with RSV, that caused or linked to an ear infection. Also a lot due to skin infections she gets. SHe currently sees an allergist and derm. Both do not agree on things, say opposite things. One says clorox baths the other says no way. That sort of deal. It is a battle. I wish I could find good doctors that can help her.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My book says to try an elimination diet for recurrent ear infections: Cow's milk tops the list, then eggs, wheat, corn, oranges, and peanut butter.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 10:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Coincedently under eczema:allergies to cirtus fruits, eggs, wheat, cow's milk, shellfish, and/or chocolate
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 10:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• None of which she eats other than wheat. She is allergic to all dairy, eggs, corn, peanuts and treenuts. All that I am aware of.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2010