Soy milk Good or Bad?

Is soy products really as bad as I was told they were at an organic store. My DD has been on soy formula since birth and now soy milk since a little before 1st b-day. She is 13 months.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Health

• idk, any baby i knew of on the soy formula got major constipation from it lol. why did they say it was so awful?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• They say can really screw with hormones and cause female problems when she is older.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't know. I have heard both sides. I have heard attacks on soy and defenses. I am vegan and previously had a high soy diet. I breastfed my daughter and I consumed soy products. Since reading research on the possible dangers of soy and not being able to come to a real conclusion one way or the other, I have reduced my soy intake but not eliminated it, and my daughter never or very rarely gets soy. There are other great milk replacers out there. Hemp, rice, almond. We like almond breeze for cereal. We still use soy for cooking sometimes or sometimes cashew milk or just the almond, depending what it is. I don't know if soy is as toxic as it is being touted, since many of the sources of that info are people who stand to gain from dairy sales. I also don't think that it is entirely false, especially the part about estrogen in growing children (same and worse is true of commercial dairy though).
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• So, if I were you I would not worry about the past, especially if your daughter is healthy, but try switching to another milk (like almond or rice). :) By the way, stay away from the ___dream (ricedream, almonddream) products, they suck.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My DD is allergic to dairy, she is also allergic to eggs, corn, peanuts and treenuts. I never looked, but assume almond milk is made from almonds. I am considering rice milk. We were told to try goats, did not work puked it up, and broke out in rash.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My daughter was allergic to dairy and she drank soy milk . She liked it and she never had any problems from it. I have never heard it was bad always have heard good things about soy milk.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 10:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My daughter is allergic to cow's milk (not all dairy) and drinks soy milk often. She also was on soy formula as a baby. I feel it is safe and do not have concerns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I did research and IMO the risks really outweight then benefits. I will NEVER drink it or give it to my children.
    If it is needed like formula then I guess there is no other choice right LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2010