emergency c section...plz help

i would like to know if anyone hear has had a caesarian delivery and vaginal deliveries in subsequent pregnancies?
i had an emergency caesarian done because my waters had broke, i had normal labour for almost 24 hours and induced labour for 8 hours but my cervix only dilated 2cm. up until now i thought it'd be possible for my to have a normal vaginal delivery but i read an article on cafemom's homepage that says i am at high risk of my uterine tearing if i chose to do a natural delivery or that a natural delivery may not even be an option. this has left me dissapointed and confused.

please share ur story of any info u have on this matter

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• well i discussed it with my dr. and he said (and i have also read articles about it too) that say your chance of uterine rupture are about 1%. the more important matter is if your ob/gyn actually does vbac's bc some refuse to do it. you might want to ask your ob if they do vbac and if they don't if they would reccomend someone who will. but anyway lots of mommas on here have had a vbac (or 2 or 3 lol). i wanted to have one but i just never ever dialated not one bit and after you've had a c-section they will not induce you so you have to go into labor on your own if you're trying for a vbac. anyway gl :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have heard of women having normal vaginal deliveries after a c section. I would talk to my ob gyn.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• ohh wat's the reason for not inducing someone after they've had a c-section/
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I had an emergency c- section last year. I had asked my OBGYN if it would be possible for a v-back. She said it would since they now give the c-sections on your pubic line, it gives you a better chance of having a normal vaginal delivery. I would still have a talk with you doctor, and just see what happens. You never know. Good luck in your search.
    dawnsmommy

Answer by dawnsmommy at 10:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Read this site! http://www.vbac.com/
    If you are eligible for a vbac (which you most likely are!) you want to get a caregiver who understands vbac and when it is possible and is supportive of your birth choices. If your caregiver is not, find a new one!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Goggle VBAC for more info, and talk to your OB or Midwife!!!

Anonymous

• "natural delivery" means without drugs.... Do you mean Vaginal Delivery??

Anonymous

• with my first pregnancy, I had to have an unplanned c section after I went through 10 hours of induced labor/contractions. I only dialated from a 1 to a 2 in those 10 hours. I was highly dissapointed too, but I later found out with my second pregnancy that I don't dialate! My second pregnancy was twin boys and the whole time I didnt' have contractions OR DIALATE! I think sometimes bodies just don't dialate....Just feel blessed if you are one of those, to be able to have children, and don't be scared of c sections...they get better everytime.
    BUT...if you try a VBAC then study up on it and talk to your doc about it! good luck!
    Anonymous

• i'm not afraid of c-sections but its just that my husband has always wanted a big family......if i can only have c-section deliveries then doesn't that mean that i won't be able to have alot of children or that there's a restriction on how any c-sections u can have?
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• look into the ICAN network. u can have a vbac
    Anonymous