Ceiling fans

While my little guy is in preschool tomorrow, I'd like to clean the 3 ceiling fans while he's out of the way. I don't want to use a vaccum or the brush with the handle to get the dust off the blades. Any ideas that I can use to clean the blades with? I do realize I will have to vaccum up anything that falls on the floor.

jilligan362

Asked by jilligan362 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i stand on a ladder and use a paper towel and the multi-purpose cleaner spray. if you really saturate the dust with the spray it doesn't make as big of a mess as it being all dry.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I fill a bucket with warm soapy water, usually dish soap, and stand on a chair. If your rag is big enough, nothing will fall on the floor because it's wet and grips.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 10:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• If it is not too dusty get an old pillow case and stick one of the blades in there and slowly slide it to where you are able to wipe it top and bottom...Now if it is real bad then I'd go for what Joytwo said. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I do what Anon :29 does.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010