1 YR OLD VERY STRONG FLU AND RED EYES???

My baby has a very strong flu and very red eyes and his vomiting a lot of phlegm he has no fever but am still worry I gave him so motrin but he still is coughing a lot should I wait till tomorrow and they him to his doctor or should I go to the ER ? SOME ADVICE OR TIPS SO HE COULD FEEL BETTER

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmm, I'd go to the ER just on the basis that he's so little. Vomiting is always scary with wee ones. Sorry.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 10:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Is he drinking? As long as he isn't getting dehydrated waiting it out is ok. If he is so congested that he can't breathe, then take him in. Red eyes could be just from the stress of vomiting or it could be conjuctivitis (pink eye) which is just a cold in the eye and while they can make it more comfortable if there is drainage from the eye or if it's very itchy, it just has to go away on its own. They can't cure that like they can't cure a cold.

Don't give anything by mouth for an hour after the vomiting. Then begin with small sips increasing the amount as tolerable.
    Motrin will not help a cough, it's for fever and inflammation. Get a humidifier or vaporizer going. Elevated the head of his bed with a rolled up blanket or pillow under the mattress.

If you are really concerned, before going to the Er I would say call the after hours number for the baby's doctor and get some advise as to what they want you to do.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I had to take my son to immediate care today b/c he was throwing up a lot. They gave him some nausea meds to help him not throw up and it helped a lot! zofren i think is what it was called. Take you lil guy in so they can give him something
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2010