too much tmi for a six year old?

Just wondering. My sd came over this weekend. She said her mommy and bf shower together cause thats what people who like each other do, And then says you and daddy are married dont you? I just told her we dont talk about that stuff. Now I thought she caught bm nd bf in the act but no. They left her downstairs watching tv and told her thats where they were going and why. I just think a six yr. old shouldnt be told that and probably shouldnt be left alone so bm can get her freak on in the shower. Just wondering what other people think. Am I overreacting? Just so everyone knows dh flipped when I told him and said he was going to have a chat with bm about whats going on while sd is awake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• yeah, they could have just said i'm going to take a shower..... it's wierd that they would tell her all the details.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• no, that's a little crazy that they said that...it definitely is TMI and not really the time to do it especially when she's being left alone downstairs... sad :(
    But what can you do besides correct that in your own home?....
    Anonymous

• I don't see an issue with leaving her, she's not alone, if something happens, they ARE upstairs... But I wouldn't go in to detail as to what they are doing... That's a bit much... But I don't see it as harmful.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Uh, well, that strikes me as a bit weird. I'm not sure its so terrible to tell her that they were taking a shower together, to her that doesn't necessarily mean sex, she probably just pictures them taking a bath together. What I think is weird is that they left her downstairs to go have sex?!? Can't they wait until she is asleep or elsewhere? I wanted to ask though, what's up with the recent trend in step-moms referring to mothers as birthmoms? Isn't that kind of offensive to them? Like assuming their only role was giving birth and also equating them with a mother that doesn't raise their child (I actually think the term birthmom is found offensive by some mothers who adopt out their children, so I imagine its extra offensive to a mother who is parenting).
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• lol its funny that me and the previous poster thought opposite things were important. Goes to show everyone sees things differently.
    Bellarose0212

• I dont use it to be offensive to her its just a shortened version and quicker to type out.
    Anonymous

• Wow that is way too much to tell a 6 year old...you're totally right, that is so weird.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Probably TMI for a six-year-old. But I don't see anything wrong with letting her entertain herself for twenty minutes....sometimes you just have to get your freak on!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 10:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I men I know most parents do try sneak in a quickie, but we dont tell our kids. Mostly though wait for them to be asleep. I mean I dont have a problem with her having sex life just telling sd about it. Even though the she doesnt really get it yet I just think she went to far.
    Anonymous

• gross! my husband and I have showered together not for sex, just if we were in a hurry or something. One of my kids always walks in wondering where one of us are at, we just make something up..((he went to the store, he is outside, ect))..but we tell them to wait, then we exit the bathroom single
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010