Scarsdale Diet

I just started the Scarsdale Diet with my sister in law today. Has anyone ever done this diet before, and how affective was it for you?

Mom_of_2_boyz87

Asked by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• What is it? I just started the Slimfast plan only I am using instant breakfast, cheaper that way and pretty much the same thing.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• mepperly07 here is the link to the Scarsdale Diet site if you want to check it out http://lowcarblisa.tripod.com/id18.html and I'm sure their site can explain the diet better than I can. But it last 14 days, and once that is over you go to the Keep-Trim Eating which is about the same, but from what I understand you get to add dairy products. The link to that is also on that site I gave you!

I've done the slimfast plan before, and to be honest it wasn't that effective. I lost some at first, but then it just stopped. I was doing the shakes and that also started to get a little pricey
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I did Scarsdale for about 10 days and lost 9 lbs. After that though I just couldn't do it anymore. My cravings for other foods overtook me and I ended up going back to my old ways and gaining it all back. It's good to lose weight quick, but hard to stick to for a long period of time I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Anon 12:13 I'll be supprised if I make it 14 days! I'm doing it with my SIL so hopefully that will help me stay on it the full 14 days. And I was thinking about what if I gained all the weight back, like you said its good for quick weightloss. I'm hoping the diet can teach me how to eat better serving sizes, and keep eating more healthy. Thats really what I hope to get out of the whole diet, start a healthier life style.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I like having the meal plan. Pretty sure without it I'd totally screw up! Thats just me though.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010