How can I get rid of the acne on my back?

I'm so sick of dealing with this. It came with my last pregnancy and never left! It's been about 2 years now and I don't know what to do to get rid of it :( Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Colloidal silver soap-- wash 2x daily.

Sea salt-- scrub your back with plain sea salt. It will exfoliate the dead cells and kill bacteria. Scrub it in plain with a little water after washing with the colloidal silver soap. It's easier if hubby can do it for you since he can reach. I know you don't want him to see it. Let the salt soak in for about 5 minutes. It'll sting a little. Rinse it off.

This is the ONLY thing that works on my very allergic to every fragrance and OTC acne med DH. I scrub him this way every day. And I do it as a preventative for pregnancy acne. We now have perfect skin.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i have heard from some other person, not me but another person, yeah yeah thats it LOL that tanning can help. You dont have to go all the time and get leathery but maybe once every week or two.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• OP - The sun has helped a little in the past (I refuse to go to tanning beds), but the problem is it's so embarrassing that I can never expose my back for the sun to treat it.

Anonymous

• Try Noxema or Apple Cider Vinegar
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• OP - Would I just pour the apple cider vinegar on in the shower? Does it need to sit on my skin for a while, or is it just like a rinse? Thanks for replying ladies!
    Anonymous

• have you tried using exfoliating body wash? have you tried applying acne medications to it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP - I've tried OTC 'body acne' washes, I use a back loofah-type-thing to scrub as best as I can. I change shirts twice (or more) a day, I use fragrance free laundry soaps, etc. I haven't tried any acne medications....not sure what to use or how to apply it. There's no way I'd let my husband apply anything for me either, I'm mortified of how I look on my back. I'm just at a loss as what to do. I just want it gone, it's so depressing to be self-conscious about it. Not only does it look awful, but the big pimples hurt so bad, especially when my bra sits on top of them, or when I scratch my back. I want to see a dermatologist, but I'm just so embarrassed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think maybe you should get ti looked at...it could be an allergy. It sounds llike it could be an allergy and if not it could be fungal. Whatever it is it sounds like it has you upset enough that you could use an expert opinion and that would be best...if for no other reason but to put your mind at ease. And to get rid of it (if possible) once and for all. Good Luck...
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 3:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• the only thing that helped me is a dermatologist. and i really had to religiously stick with the regimine she prescribed of pills, wash, and lotion. and still it did not clear up 100%, but i wasn't as mortified anymore. It really is not a big deal to them, I would go if you can, I know how terrible it is. the only reason I am not still using the stuff is I am pregnant and it's not safe, and funny thing is pregnancy naturally clears it up for me, this is my second, but i know it will come right back. I don't have acne on my chest and hardly any on my face, who knows why it gets so bad on some backs, and yes it's painful. good luck!
    Anonymous

• OMGosh!!! Scrubbing the sea salt (I've been using coarse) has been working like a charm! After only 5 scrubs within the past week it's about 70% gone!!!!!! I am so astounded! What i had more of was the red marks that would never go away and they are totally disappearing. Thank you so much for the help!!!!

Anonymous