How much are 7 month old baby boys supposed to weigh?

ChandlerKyle

Asked by ChandlerKyle at 11:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could get the widget that is for tracking baby's first year weight and height and then when you put in the weight and height it will show you the precentile he is in :-D
    Anonymous

• My baby when he was 6 months was 16pounds which his appt was closer to his 7month mark. His doctor showed no concern and said he was healthy as an ox. I guess it just depends on their height combined with their weight cause at my lil ones 9month check up which he was almost 10 months he weighed 20.5 and he was 29 3/4 inches long they said his height was making up for his weight. Not sure if this helps any...You can always call his pedi and ask them what they consider normal cause all drs do it differently.
    Anonymous

• What they weight. Every baby is different just like I am sure you don't weigth exactly the same as every other woman your age.
    If your pedi isn't worried then don't worry.
    My daughter is 10 months and weights 23 lbs but she is 30 inches tall
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Double birth weight and just a little more.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Its amazing how different baby sizes are. My son was born around 2 babies and him and one are about the same. DJ at 7 months is 24 lbs and 30 inches long (he's HUGE) but a baby 2 weeks younger than him is 18lbs and 27 inches tall. The baby that is one month younger than him is 19lbs and 28 inches long. Like all the ladies said above as long as the DR says he's healthy then its fine! Also take into consideration if the height and weight go hand and hand. For example DJ weighs 24 lbs (above 95 percentile) but he isn't 22 inches long he would be a little turkey.
    DJsmom0725

Answer by DJsmom0725 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• my dd was almost 20 lbs and ds was 17 lbs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Depends what they weighed at birth. My son was 15 pounds at 7 months and is 20.5 pounds and 31.5" at a year. He was 7 pounds 21" at birth so right on track for him..

If your baby was heavier or lighter at birth or longer or shorter .. etc .. the weight would vary. Gdiamente was right, probably double the birth weight plus a little extra is right on track.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• And birthweight would take into account any loss right after if you are breastfeeding or had a c-section (babies tend to be a bit bloated with fluid if born by c/s) etc. So double plus a little extra of the weight AFTER the initial loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My kids didn't double their birth weights until much closer to their 1st birthdays! As long as your baby continues to gain weight and is hitting milestones, there is no reason to worry - all kids grow/gain weight at their own rates

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I agree with missanc.. if the baby is happy/moving forward in development and not losing weight (unless very ill) I'd think the baby is fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2010