When you give or receive a hug, do you smell the other person?

I know it may seem like an odd question, especially if you do not do this. I know that some if not alot of people do do this though. I know that I do, I can actually recognize people that I am close to by their smell.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do....Its a strange habit and sometimes regret I have this habit, but generally the only ppl I hug are family or really really close friends and they always smell the same.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but not on purpose. I have a really sensitive sense smell, so I smell them, but don't purposely sniff them :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Actually i do the opposite. I hold my breath in fear that they are smelly. I do the same when I pass a stranger closely. I am very weird, I guess . LOL
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i do unless i really don't wanna hug them then i hold my breath lol
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• not intentionally, except my son or husband, or if the smell is over powering. i do notice if someone smells me...weird. but i always examine eyebrows.lol
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Why would you ever be hugging someone that you do not want to hug Armywife510? I do not understand that statement.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I was thinking about this the other day when I hugged a girl friend that I hadn't seen in a long time and she was wearing a new leather coat and after I still could smell the leather. It just lingers. ! I HATE that smell!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• yes. my mom always smelled us (her kids) when she gave us hugs and i do it to the people that i love too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• like if someone runs up to you and just grabs you and hugs like a family member or something one that u don't know very well and they always smell like moth balls or something lol it was kinda a humorous answer guess you didnt get that huh?
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2010