pep spice? would u be mad?

ok my husband has had his drug thing in the past when we were dating he was 17. now 7 yrs and 2 kids later he has a very important job that he can't do drugs at all and i would not want him to b/c I don't want any drugs or any of that in my house or around my children. Well he like to get high and i hate that so he buys this stuff pep spice thats legal and smokes it... now his job knows about this pep spice stuff and banned it noone should smoke it they don't have a test for it though so he smokes it and gets high and is around my children high as shit and it is pissing me off i made it very clear and he don't care........he has gotten to where he does it everyday and don't help me w/ our kids or anything :( i'm so mad and he acts like i'm nuts b/c it legal.... but his work don't allow it so if he gets caught were screwed! am i just being stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I think he is making it clear what is important to him right now. I am sorry sweetie but the only thing you CAN do, is leave or kick him out. That will be the only way he will see you are serious, and possibly quit.I m a recovering addict and alcoholic and for me I had to lose everything to save my own life. I tell you this with an open heart and in the spirit of sisterhood. Please make a big brave choice as a mom...protect your kids from this, and yourself. it IS the only hope. he doesnt care about his job, he cares about you and the kids..just not as much as the high.
    take care of you and the kids...he has to save himself. good luck hon. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No, you have valid concerns. Whether it is legal or not is not the end-all on the discussion of how it affects your lives. If it is affecting his ability to care for his children and jeopardizing his employment, its legality doesn't matter. Alcohol is legal, that doesn't mean that a drunk person can't be harmful or useless.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You're not just being stupid. He has responsibilities that he is neglecting by doing what he is doing. Unfortunately, you cant change him. People only change if they want to change. You just have to find a way to get through to him. Legal or not, he should not be high around the children. Find some way to remind him of whats actually important in life. As hard as that may be.
    SarahNichelle

Answer by SarahNichelle at 12:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think you ought to inform your husband that a) one does NOT actually get "high" while smoking what is essentially catnip and tree sap and b) a long-term side effect of smoking the aforementioned catnip and tree sap is impotence. I've seen it happen and it's not pretty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Your husband is an ass monkey.
    JoyeAustin

Answer by JoyeAustin at 7:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Agree with Bearsjen.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010