Do toddlers eat out of bordom? My 2 1/2 yr. old could eat all day & is always asking for food

I give him 3 balanced meals a day along with snacks there is no way he's hungry,,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well maybe he is just hungry. Is he gaining a lot of weight or anything due to it? My son eats ALL DAY LONG! No joke! He is 21 months and has been eating like for awhile,but he isn't gaining much or any weight. He may just be a grazer and want to eat small and more frequent meals. I wouldn't keep food from him though. JMO
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• my little "built ford tough" girl eats like that. shes always been heavier so i try to keep snacks from her and make her wait it out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My son used to eat all day long buuut now he doesnt want to eat at all he is in his picky faze. I think as long as they are active and not gaining fat it should be fine.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't withold food but just try to give healthy snacks. He's a growing boy! We are huge snackers around here and to try and give my daughter something other than pretzels and cherrios to snack on all day, I am going to buy some of this stuff http://www.wholefoodfarmacy.com/2005/CAT2.asp. We got a sample bag from a little farmer's market stand and my daughter loved snacking on the veggilicious. I am going to get the sample pack and see what other things we might like.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My 19 month old grazes all day too. But you can control how healthy it is. She grazes on slices of apples or oranges all day, a few whole wheat crackers and a cheese slice
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Make his snacks fruit, cheese or veggies - as long as they are nutritious and he's still eating meals, then there's not a problem.

Answer by missanc at 10:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2010