How would you take this? Twins or just growing fast... I've only gained 4 pounds!

I've had 3 OB appointments and my last one, my doctor measured my uterus at 12 weeks. This appointment (only 4 weeks later), my OB measured my uterus and looked extremely confused, went looking at my ultrasound report, measured my uterus again, looked even more confused, and took out the pregnancy wheel thing and was messing with that for about 5 min. Then told me my due date was moved down.. that I'm measuring at 21 weeks.. I think that's a VERY big jump! My blood pressure was abnormally low (86/48).. I'm wondering if it could be twins.. what do you think? (I'm moving out of state on Saturday so my new OB will for sure want to do an ultrasound right away..)

alinker

Asked by alinker at 12:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your Dr did an ultra sound right? Did they tell you twins? If not then I wouldn't think it was that. You could just had been farther along. I personally would wait to see your new Dr. See what they say. Congrats hun!!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• With my first pregnancy they were off 4 weeks between my original due date and the due date they gave me later on. They told me I was 17 weeks and when they did the ultrasound they said 21 weeks..Doctor's are often wrong when they give you your first due date, that is a big reason as to why they do the ultrasound. Congrats on your baby!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The ultrasound says that I should be 18 weeks right now that's a 3 week difference than my fundal height
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If you had an ultrasound you would have seen twins, it is nearly impossible to miss a second baby (it has happened in the past but they are getting so high tech it doesn't really happen anymore)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• With all my pregnancy's I show 4 weeks ahead of my due date. I carried extra fluid. But my babies always showed right on time. So they would show they were 22 weeks and my measurement would be 26 weeks because of extra fluid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• my friend was in a similar situation. She believed she was 3 months when she was actually six. Since her periods were not regular she believed she was just 3 mths.
    SUGAR79936

Answer by SUGAR79936 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2010