Those of you on unempoyment...what kind of work are you looking for?

I'm just curious.

I thought maybe people could post what they are looking for and if anyone has seen something in their newspaper or a sign of a door somewhere for that type of work maybe they could share it and where they are located.

I thought about this the other day because a guy called into Hannity saying he'd been looking for a teaching job and was willing to move out of state. Well JUST THE DAY BEFORE I saw in the "Help Wanted" section that our local school district is hiring 7 new teachers. I tried to call and tell them but I never got through. I mean it's worth a shot right?

SO...

What kind of work are you looking for?
Are you willing to move out of state?
How long have you been out of work?
Where are you located?
Are you will to move for work? How far?

Let's help each other out mamas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I meant ***unemployment*** sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• What a sweet idea! Maybe you could even create a website, blog, or a ning.com network for it.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• That's a good idea Bellarose0212
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Good idea. But, I have to say that I won't post my name & location together. So.............

What kind of work are you looking for? retail, office, light assembly, restaurant, inventory, just about anything that doesn't need MORE school, or certification
    Are you willing to move out of state? nope
    How long have you been out of work? 25 months!!
    Where are you located? Shelby County, Ohio
    Are you will to move for work? How far? Nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I am in Central Illinois. Both myself and my husband have been on unemployment for over a year. He was in the agricultural industry and I was a customer service/office manager. We are not willing to move unless it is our absolute last option. We have children who are very much attached to their schools and this community so moving would be very hard on us. Plus we have no savings left to really do much. Every day/week is a struggle and now because of the problems in the Senate our unemployment benefits will most likely not be extended and we will have nothing. In the past month he has applied for 26 jobs, I have applied for 17. It's very depressing........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• What kind of work are you looking for? Medical Billing and Coding
    Are you willing to move out of state? No
    How long have you been out of work? One year
    Where are you located? Vancouver, Wa.
    Are you will to move for work? How far? No.

Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• The issue with moving - I can't think offhand of anyone I know who is both unemployed and has enough money to rent a Uhaul, let alone attempt a cross country move that would involve paying for 2 places to live (a motel while job hunting/interviewing and the home address that can't just be abandonded on a whim).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• NP, if one rents, it wouldn't be too complicated to leave. Now for those who own their homes, it is a different story. And you're right about the COSTS of a cross country move, and then trying to find a place to live AND a job...that's a lot to pay for without a job. And it's not like you can live in KY now, and INTERVIEW for a job in AZ.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Actually if you are planning to move across country for a job many places with do over the phone interviews. Then if they are REALLY serious they may have you come.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I am not unemployed but rather been an at home mom and now I really need a job. I have been thinking about moving out of state where I could find a company to work for that has daycare on site ( e.g.-affordable) and health benefits as I cannot get any insurance by myself. I am in Calif. and thinking of moving to KY or So. Cal., fortunately, I have experience in the health care industry and am willing to start at the lower end of the payscale and work up, or to a different department within a hospital. I also have some money to make a move across the country, has to be cheaper than CA !
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 3:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2010