this is a little funny /how do you explain to your toddler that mommy doesn't have a boys private part????

Ms.Harper

Asked by Ms.Harper at 1:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I assume he asked. Just say, "boys have those and girls do not" they don't usually need a big explanation, just a simple answer to one question at a time.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 1:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I just told my son that boys have penises and girls don't. When he asked why I told him "Because that's the way the Goddess made us" and he was fine with that. (You can substitute your deity ofcourse). Even still he was freaked out when he first saw me changing my daughter's diaper. He was 4 and exclaimed "Mommy! Where's her penis? What happened? Did it fall off?" and then he began to cry because he thought someone hurt her and took away her penis. lol
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Like the other moms said... keep it simple. Boys have them, girls don't. That's just the way we are made.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My boys told me I had to go to the penis store and buy one!
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• just stick with boys have one and girls dont. my boys kept asking my husband about his "boobies" and he told them that men dont have boobies so now my sons always want me to look at their "pecks" :)
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 4:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2008