making friends

Where do you go to meet new people. I am a SAHM, so I can't meet people at work. I do go to play group, but the people there are very clique-y. I was the first one in my old group of friends to have a baby so I am pretty much shunned. There aren't many people near me on Cafemom either.
I am truly at a loss and I am very lonely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went to meetup.com and joined a playgroup in my area. I've met some great ladies through that. Also look up child events in your area. Our group goes to play places, parks, storytimes at libraries, zoo on half price days, kids museum, ect. We always meet up between 10-11 am on weekdays so that may be a good time for you to meet other SAHMS too. You can bet that most moms out at this time are SAHMS too. Strike up conversations with them by complimenting their kids, lol...we all like to hear stuff like that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Find a play group in your area with moms like you.
    You can even start one. Talk to people in your neighborhood, kids schools, parks, ect.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Do you have a fitness center with an area that will watch your kids too? There are usually tons of mom's in places like that. Bookstores..kid section.. Mamachamp has some great ideas.. I used to do alot of things like that when ds was younger. Kids museums, story times at libraries, zoo, aquariums..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2010