Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help finding an aggressive, mother-friendly attorney for a soon-to-be custody case

Please help. I would love any advice/ info. I want to file for divorce and custody. We haven't even been married a year, but have two young children (2 years old, and a 4 month old). I need to find an attorney that is competent, aggressive and mom friendly, because this might be a tough custody case. Preferrably someone in or around Burbank, CA. I moved to Los Angeles four years ago from the east coast. All of my support system(friends and family) still reside there. I want to move back where we would be loved and supported most, and where I'm not struggling as a single mother. L.A is too expensive. My husbands family is here, but not involved. He is very secretive. Is a recovering alcoholic, but discovered recently his new addiction- which is "sex addiction" Internet porn etc. I want out.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (1)
  • Call your local attorney referral agency or call the courthouse. Those clerks know every lawyer and can tell you which one is the best.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.