I feel so bad for the people of Chile. Do you?

The amount of aftershocks is incredible. I feel bad that they have to go through that day and night. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I do. I also worry because we have a family member down there on mission. He has to be there for 2 years.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• not really. it is very abstract to me. i am more concerned about the men, women, and children here in my town who have no where indoors to sleep tonight and its very cold
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes, I feel bad for them. My husband lived there for two years several years ago. I also feel bad for anyone else who has been through some kind of disaster or who needs help.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I feel horrible for them, as I do for the people who are living as described by a pp - not having adequate shelter from the weather.

I do what I can as far as donations - time and money - for those need. But, at the same time, I accept (it doesn't mean I like it, but I accept it) that I will not be able to end all the suffering, or be able to help everyone in need. I can only do as much as I can, and trust that others are going to do the same, and that together we can hopefully make things better for as many as we can.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes I feel bad for them. I think you would have to be heartless to NOT feel bad for them.

Of course there is nothing wrong with caring about those in your community but honestly Sati...not one person on here asked you to send money or anything of the sort...what is so wrong with feeling bad for someone and how can you NOT feel bad for people who are experiencing such as horrid event.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• becuase quite frankly right now i have enough on my plate to worry about or feel bad about. I simply have NOTHING to spare right now.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes, I feel bad for the people in Chili. They suffered one of the biggest earthquakes in history. Anytime there is a horrific natural disaster that kills, maims, and leaves many people homeless who are grateful for just a cup of water, I feel terrible for them. I do what I can to help countries in these circumstances, which I know isn't much. The hard part is having the human resources to help in the aftermath and for months to come.

Let's not forget Haiti though, which was already in a mess before that disaster and it's going to take a very, very long time for the people to recover. And the corrupt self serving government in Haiti has and will continue to ignore the needs of its people.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 4:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP here: I have not forgotten Haiti, but can relate to the lives of Chileans more closely. I just think it would be awful enough to have a massive earthquake, but the aftershocks would do me in. They are big by themselves!
    Anonymous