is this normal at 18 weeks pregnant?

ill be 19 weeks tomorrow and i have been experiencing sharp pains around my abdominal area it doesnt hurt as bad but i can deff feel it. and it feels really heavy when i get up from sleeping. also, today i went out shopping with my mom and i was So hungry that i felt weak and i started to get hot flashes and really nauseous and i just felt like i was going to pass out! i finally ate and felt better but is this normal? and i heard that you have more energy during this time but i feel exhausted! and this is my first pregnancy and im not showing! is that something to worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal. Your uterus is stretching and it hurts! Blood flow is restricted during pregnancy causing dizziness and well, you can imagine that if you don't eat it makes it worse! It gets better though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Being tired is normal. Feeling hot sick and faintlike is not good. You are deprived in something. YOu need to eat more often and makes sure you take your vitamins. Same thing happened to me with my first and I did faint and as soon as I was on my feet again I was throwing up. It went away and never happened again when I ate regularly. THe pain can be normal but I would call your Dr in the morning and tell them

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Have you been tested for anemia yet? It's common during pregnancy and can cause you to feel weak, dizzy, and even pass out. You should always make sure you're getting enough to eat and drinking enough water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yeah, it's normal. You're probably having round ligament pains. The weakness/dizziness is from your blood sugar being wacky - it happens to me once in a while if I haven't eaten in a while. Just make sure you're eating every couple of hours, if even a snack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2010