Why do people complain about not wanting ANYTHING made in China when

More than half of your cell phones, computers, DVD players and TVs are made and assembled in China.
Do you not know that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If people REALLY wanted jobs back in America, they would do ALL of the hard work needed to buy things made only in America. Stop using cell phones for one. We survived without them before. People are just full of hot air when it comes to actually DOING ANYTHING to make the Made In America pride a reality again.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Well, considering how many items are manufactured in Asian countries in general, it's hard to avoid buying many things made overseas. However, I don't think it's wrong to want to buy American-made products when possible. It's not a quality difference in many cases, it's a matter of trying to keep jobs here and not sending them elsewhere. With all the unemployment right now, don't you think it's prudent to do whatever we can to make sure our family/friends/neighbors keep their jobs by not sending our business elsewhere?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Cause people are racist and dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My only concern with ANYTHING reallyis what my child comes in contact with. all of his toys no matter where they are from are lead paint tested before he is allowed to have them
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Keeping American jobs for one thing as stated. Then there's the cheaper at any cost. Quality thus lead in paint and other flaws. Also when we buy from them we are in and off handed way supporting their lack of concern for basic human rights. Their own Government doesn't acknowledge for their own people.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Do you not know that?
    --------
    Yes, I know that. I can read a label. I can also read the headlines from any news site. Do you know what the unemployment rate is? Do you know that most of it is simply because most of our consumer products are now made in China, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia? So, I stand by my reply in the other question -- unless it is a Ming vase, I don't want it. I believe Americans can do it better, and we should have our jobs back. O wants us to double our exports over 5 or 10 years. Too bad we don't MAKE anything to export any more........
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Ya I knwo what the unemployment rate is miss smarty pants.
    Since when is that the excuse that people give for NOT buying anything in China. On here it isn't
    THey always havee some other bull reason.
    If you don't want to support another country then STOP BUUYING CELL PHONES COMPUTERS AND TVS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• 1)Buying from China takes away $$ from the U.S. 2) China does not have safety codes pertaining to their product in place...ie...lead paint, 3) They do not have child labor laws in place 4) They are conducting unfair trading practices..ie...US Steel mills 5) China does not have minimum wage in place 6) The Chinese government has been stealing private land from owners in cities
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 6:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I can read so yeah I know that...Fine don't buy anything from China , but then again don't b*tch about paying 50.00 for a shirt either..I always try to support local businesses and buy local, but sometimes stuff from China is just a better bargain..But I definitely stay away from Walmart..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• STOP BUUYING CELL PHONES COMPUTERS AND TVS

and organic produce, and shoes, and clothes. You really don't want to know where most of the materials used to build a new house come from either...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010