To pierce or not to pierce twins ears???

My twins are 2 months old now...after they get their shots I can pierce their ears. Would you do this?? I have heard of twins pulling out each others earings....what do you think?

wntg1grl

Asked by wntg1grl at 3:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its a tough call. i would not pierce my childrens ears but then again i would not choose circumcision either. rock and hard place eh?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No I would wait til THEY ask for it. It is their body you shouldn't make the choice to put holes in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I got my daughters ears pierced at 2 months. It is really hard to rip out earings. Most of the time when an earing is pulled the back falls out and it just slips out. the hardest time will be the weeks that you have to keep in those "piercing earings". the back to those is very hard to get off. But over all gert them done now. My baby didnt even cry. Well not really lol. If you wait till they're older its more likely that they can jerk and end up with an earing in the wrong spot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• That's their choice to make when they are old enough.

I'd be pretty pissed if someone punched holes in my body without my consent just because they thought it'd look "super cute!".

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't pierce a baby's ear but not because I am worried about the baby pulling the earrings out, or the kid possibly not liking it but not all people react to metals the same and I'd hate to have a baby react badly to earrings. For example, I can't wear earrings of any sort. The metal reacts to my skin badly.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I did my 2 other girls and I will do my twin girls to. They don't remember it. They recover physically and emotionally faster. They are easier to take care of.
    photosbyheather

Answer by photosbyheather at 4:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i'd wait. it can be a treat for when they reach a goal you set for them.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 5:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Not your body = Not your choice

It is not a necessary medical procedure. Let them make the choice themselves when they are old enough to make a mature, responsible decision about it.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think if its just a little stud in their ear then pulling on it isn't really a problem.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I got my dds peirced when she was 9 weeks old. She is just now starting to play with them, but not that often. I dont know if twins would or not. If they are identical it could be a good way to help people know which one is which! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2010