how do i get 4 almost 5 yr old to quit hitting.

My soon to be 5yr old son is hitting everyone. his younger brother and me. i have put him in time out i took away his toys i have tried everything but he is still hitting. he has also got in trouble at school for throwing toys at his classmates. i dont know what to do anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sounds like he is very very frustrated on a day to day basis. do you have any idea what might be frustrating him? is he developmentally on level with his peers? could it be a speech or language issue?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I have talked to his teacher and she said that she dont know what could be causing this. he is normaly really good in school. and this past week he has been acting up. at school and at home but nothing has changed. could it be a faze or something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2010