Is there anyone whose daughter DOESN'T like arts & crafts.

I thought it was pretty typical for young girls to enjoy doing arts & crafts. I've always been crafty and looked forward to being able to do them with my own girls. Yet my daughters 7&5, have never shown any interest in this area at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 8 year old loves doing crafts and little projects..But my 5 year old would rather listen to music, dance, dress up, she loves  pop culture and Justin Bieber, it is soo cute:)

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 8:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• When my kids were younger, they both liked to do them (I have a son and a daughter), but not to the extent that is seen to be "girly" (I don't mean that in a rude way, I hope you understand what I'm talking about when I put it that way...)

My dd was more of a tomboy. Now, she's a teenager and she does like to do her makeup, fix her hair, look nice, etc - but she would much rather be out camping or hiking than making a scrap book or doing a craft. She also likes cooking, reading, music (listening to and playing herself), and playing soccer.

My ds (who's also a teenager) doesn't like "crafty" things at all for the most part, though he does do models sometimes (as does my dd).
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2010