i wont vote for religious reasons. if that bugs you, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ahh - that makes more sense. Then, honestly, it sounds like it's not so much that you don't vote for religious reasons, you don't vote because you really have no interest in the process or the outcome.

Either way, my original answer to what I think of you not voting is still the same - it's your choice to do what you want with your vote. I was just curious as to why. Thank you for explaining :-)

___
    sorry - I just posted this then deleted it, because I said you vote because... when I meant you don't vote because... so I deleted and fixed it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Not to be disrespectful, but what religious reasons?

IMO, you can choose to vote or not - but don't complain about the state of the government if you aren't going to be involved.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I bugs me because people fought and DIED to give you that right, and others around the world WISH they had the right to vote.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I guess your a witness then huh..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• psalms 146 v.3; 62 v. 9; 118 v.9
    john 18 v.36 "Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”"
    just for starters

i agree. no complaining about the choice of gvoerment if i dont get involved. i wonder who complains when their gov get into office but messes up in some areas or who is totally satisfied with all their giverment chooses to do anyways
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

,,,,

who died for me to vote? i didnt ask them to or want them to! so i dont owe them my obedience over my own mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I'm a veteran, and my dh is military, we take defending the rights of our country very seriously. However, it doesn't bug me if you choose to not vote - for whatever reason. (Frankly, I don't understand how voting, which is basically expressing an opinion on something, could be a religious violation, but hey, that's your choice.)

But, it's my choice to say that if you don't choose to vote, then your opinion on politics / those in office means nothing to me - whether your opinion is in agreement with me or not - because you have said that, for religious reasons, you don't want your opinion to matter.

Besides, I would like to mention, as the Rush song says, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice... so, even abstaining from voting still is choosing - it's choosing to throw away your vote. And each of us has the right do do what we want with our vote, so, again, it's your choice to make.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Not bugged at all. In fact, it makes me kinda happy when a religious person doesn't vote.One less person pushing their religious agenda on the masses. So thanks! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I love your answer Anon. Never thought about it that way!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• We have a different interpretation on what that scripture means. I (and the churches I have attended) do not believe that means that we should not vote or participate in our civic duties. It means that our hearts and minds should not be ruled by them more so than by our faith.

But again, your choice.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010