How to hook up a We?b Cam

I bought a cheap $18.88 Logitech Webcam C120m
Dont know how to hook up or use or anything
Do yu pay a long distance charge on phone for using, or does it cost anything to use? any info would be appreciated, I have a niece in Germany I want to use it with and other family members!
thanks... Linda

maw_maw

Asked by maw_maw at 8:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the pp. Honestly, I would just follow the instruction manual step by step. If you bought it used and it didn't come with instructions, then you can go online and look them up based on the model number and brand name. DO NOT PLUG IT IN UNTIL THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL SAYS TO.

But as far as paying long distance charges or anything, honestly, no, you don't have to pay those. Also, not to sound like a commercial here or anything, but we live in Japan and we have a Vonage phone - I would suggest that your niece look into them :-) Basically, it's a US stateside phone number (you pick which area you want your number to be "from" in the States), then you plug it into your computer or into the router. Then, it uses the net so you can make/ receive calls just like in the States with no international charges on either end, and it's perfectly legal. We pay like 20 - 30 bucks a month for ours.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• there should be a manual booklet with directions . some come with an instalation cd, put it n and follow the steps. then you might have to restart your computer, and then plug your cam in the USB port. and go from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2010