Need help answering questions, clomid, robitussum, success rate.?

So i went to the doctor yestarday after failed attempts of getting pregnant. i have done the hcg shot. But yestarday when i went in i had no mature eggs. Really none. :-( So he put me on progesterone so i dont have to wait a full mnth to start my period and t hen told me on day 3 of period start my clomid. Then on day 13 go to docotor for a sono and then hopefully a hcg shot to ovulate. is there success rate with clomid. Almost ready to give up. Is there anything else i can do to boost my chances. I have been hearing about robitussum. what does that do?

txcandy13

Asked by txcandy13 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I used clomid for alittle while until it finally caught...lol now I have two beautiful kids...I was considered a high risk bc I was in my late 30's and Thank God all worked out just fine...:)

Oh and becareful bc sometimes you can be very pregnant...like twins :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I used clomid but I only used that nothing else with it. I got pregnant on my 4th cycle using it. The Robitussin is used to help your cervical mucus. http://www.stages-in-pregnancy.com/fertility-robitussin.html I used a stuff called preseed to help with that. http://www.preseed.com/

ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I also was on clomid. I had been trying for a year and I also only have one tube. The other is blocked by scar tissue. The clomid worked great for me. I ovulated on my first cycle. Usually you take the clomid and then they have you come in for an ultrasound to see how many eggs are in your ovary and how big they are. Based on how big there are that will tell the doctor if you are likely to release these eggs. They told me that I hadn't ovualated because none of my eggs were big enough, however a few weeks later I found out I was pregant! I would recommend the clomid. I'm so glad I tried it. Good luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I have PCOS and Clomid worked for me after only 2 cycles. Unfortunately I later lost the Baby not related to the Clomid. I definitely suggest it. Don't give up keep trying it will all be worth it in the end. :)
    anitrasmith

Answer by anitrasmith at 3:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I got put on provera and on clomid as well. We tried for a year to get pregnant with no success, so I was super excited to finally have somethign to help!! The first round of clomid for me WORKED! I am now pregnant with #2. The BEST advice I can give you is to go away for a weekend!! Go get a nice hotel room somewhere, relax and have fun with sex again!! After trying for so long sex was no longer fun, it was a chore, so we went away for the weekend when I thought I would be ovulating and just had fun and sure enough it worked!! Good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Thanks everyone for all the answers I really appreciate it. Cross my fingers!!!!! Thanks a bunch
    txcandy13

Answer by txcandy13 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2010