Are false + as common as false -

I took a One Step hpt test in the evening and got a blue dot where the positive line should be. So in the morning with my first morning urine I took another (same brand) and got a positive..a day or two later I bought a dollar store test, took that at around 8pm and got a negative..I have read that dollar sTore test pick up a hcg level at a minimum of 50, while One Step picks up a hcg level at a minimum of 25...is it likely I got a false positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i would say no and if ur worried bout it go to get a blood!! congrats
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't think so, you took the least sensitive test at night when the urine is not as concentrated with the hormone to begin with.. I would say you are pregnant..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Thanks you guys! And I have a doctors appt. scheduled but I'm just worried after the blood work I'm going to find out I'm not pregnant. That would suck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• False positives are VERY VERY VERY rare if you're reading the test right. If you read it, like, a long time after you take it then you CAN get an evaporation line, but it usually looks different than a positive (not as much color in it, kinda faded/grey looking).

You are pregnant! Congratulations!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yea I'm sure I read it between the 10 minute time frame.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think you are pregnant!! Chances are the dollar store test just couldnt read the hcg levels!! Congrats!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2010