My baby has a really bad cough any good ideas to make it better?

I put a humidifier in my room with vix in it. Ive been giving him water. And people say tea so i gave him a little bit but no luck yet.

Masonsmommy420

Asked by Masonsmommy420 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• you are doing all you can. I know it's heartbreaking to hear your baby cough. But there isn't much else you can do. I would ask his Peds, he might have some other ideas
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You can also rub Vick on the bottom of his feet bbefore bed and put socks on him. This helps a ton. My dd started coughing last night, I did this and it helped. If he is having a runny nose, which can cause coughing as well, do saline nasal sprays and suck of the mucos with a bulb syringe. Good luck, hope he gets better.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I tried the Vick on the bottom of his feet. I usually do that anyways because it helps my son sleep tons better. I asked the doctor and he said hes fine leave him alone. Every baby gets a cough. My baby is 6 months old and never been sick. This is the closes he has been to being sick. Plus hes my first kid so maybe this is why im so worried.
    Masonsmommy420

Answer by Masonsmommy420 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2010