Has your attitude/behavior changed towards your pet(s) after you had children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pets

• nope they are my family just as much as my children
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I would not say after but when I was pregnant my dog really got on my nerves for some reason.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• uhm not any more than a new sibling's birth affected my relationship with one of my older kids. I love animals and kids so I parented both and taught respect to both. For my dogs and cats, I've used sterile squirt bottles that eventually as soon as a pet saw it coming without a squirt on them they'd leave my child alone. I left squirt bottles all over my house to be able to use one right away when the need came.

The water didn't hurt my animal, the squirt landed on their shoulders or back, just light squirts of water not getting drenched from bottles of water.

Maybe talk to your vet? Or a dog training class?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Nah, my cats were just as spoiled when we had the kids.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Nope my cats are still as much as family as my kids are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I got my dog after I had my child :) If and when I have another, I will love my dog the same :)
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• nope my cats adjusted very well. the only thing is i will never get a dog of any type
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No way! They are part of the family and I love them just as much. I'd go back for them too if my house were burning
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I must have had a harder time than the rest of you. During my first pregnancy, one of my cats began pooping on my furniture repeatedly. We eventually had to put him in my husbands warehouse (heated). I tried letting him back in once and he went right upstairs to my daughters room and peed. During my second pregnancy (now), one of our other cats started pooping on our bed repeatedly. He too eventually had to join the first in the warehouse. I feel bad because I've had them for so long but I am exhausted as it is and just don't have an extra four hours in my day every day to carpet scrub and wash bedding/furniture. I have three still in the house with us that are just fine and happy and love my daughter and all of the toys she comes with. The only irritation I have is when I wake up tired in the a.m. to find that they've hairballed everywhere my daughter plays so while she eats I have to scrub carpets. ugh
    Jodeye

Answer by Jodeye at 10:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• nope
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2010