Someone explain this to me

I am posting the link below for easier access.
Can someone explain to me how come one book can have so many interpretations, including promoting child torture and death? Are children and women worth nothing according to most major religions?
And then the same people kind of people claim they are pro-life?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 9:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The link is broken. Try again?
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 9:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My apologies.

LINK

BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 9:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It doesnt promote child torture and all that. This story saddens me and the parents sicken me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• sorry, but this is sick... the fact it's thought to be allowed is what is more sickening. I know growing up, that the churches I went to NEVER taught anything like this. (no I'm no longer a Christian, but still, never say anything like this in church). When I went they always valued children. We were taught that children were a gift from God and to be treated as such. The way these people are treating their children is worse than they probably treat the family dog.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Besides which, I thought murder was a sin.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• This isn't Christian, this is sick. These people were child abusers using Christianity as a cover and excuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• sick
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• These people are the perfect example of religious brainwashing!!!

I want to hug my girls.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• There are no words.

What despicable parents and the people who wrote the book that these parents are following are equally as despicable. I hope the hell that so many religious people talk about is real just for people like this. YUCK!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• This makes me want to scream. I had to stop reading.

The Bible talks about punishing a child and that using a physical approach can be useful with some children in some cases. But it is NOT stated as a law. Also those few scriptures cannot be taken out of context of the Bible or away from Jehovah's thoughts over all. Anyone of any sense and even the most limited contact with the Bible (excuse me but I am maddened by the despicable injustice of these children's lives (and so many others) knows all things in being acceptable to God should take place with love, peace, mild temperness, generosity and tolerance, patience, goodness, self control, . . .

Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 12:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2010